[Mailman-Users] Understanding the flow of outgoing mails

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Oct 14 12:32:37 EDT 2016

On 10/14/2016 08:39 AM, Henrik Rasmussen wrote:

> Regarding Mailman keep posting messages to the MTA despite the out directory had been emptied, it appeared that the qrunner was still active even after running mailmanctl stop (and mailmanctl -s stop). Killing the qrunner by kill -9 only spawned a new qrunner. I had to kill -9 the mailmanctl process too, to make Mailman stop posting mails to the MTA.

That seems strange. 'mailmanctl stop' should stop all the idle qrunners.
For the running qrunners, they won't stop until they finish processing
the one currently processing message - the one named with a .bak
extension, but they should stop after that one, even if there are others
in the queue, and if you've removed .pck files from the queue, they
should not return by themselves.