[Mailman-Users] Understanding the flow of outgoing mails

Henrik Rasmussen her at adm.ku.dk
Fri Oct 14 05:11:38 EDT 2016

I am trying to understand the Mailman mailflow and I am aware that stopping a mail from being distributed is not a trivial task. I've looked around and found this*) ,but it doesn't really explain the problem I am facing.

By accident, a list admin released a bunch of mail-replies to the list-address from people wanting to unsubscribe. The list contains 9000+ members.

To quickly work around the problem, I set a filter in Postfix rejecting all mails containing the particular subject and moved all outgoing mails from /var/spool/mailman/out to out.org, and thought I was home safe, but it seems that the list keeps putting mails with subject Unsubscribe in the out directory.

Does Mailman have another queue that I need to empty or filter out?

*) https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2014-September/077857.html

Henrik Rasmussen