[Mailman-Users] Our list serv host is threatening to shut us down for spam abuse

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Fri Jun 17 16:21:54 EDT 2016

Hi,

I would work with the provider in this situation.  In my case I run several lists which are all opt-in, but people click on the report as spam button in Yahoo and AOL, causing issues.  I have an agreement with the hosting provider who run the network that if they get any complaints from AOL or Hotmail that come through this route, that they forward them onto me and I unsubscribe them from the list.  With AOL it is difficult as they remove the original email address who is complaining, Hotmail is OK and now Yahoo reports get sent to me directly.

I send the list traffic through specific servers so that it doesn't affect anything else.

Andrew.