[Mailman-Users] Setting up Mailman with Apache on FreeBSD

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jun 8 10:43:27 EDT 2016

On 06/08/2016 12:51 AM, John Poltorak wrote:

> I can now bring up the *admin* page, as well as everything under *cgi-bin*,
> but what should happen if browse
>
> example.org/mailman/ ?  I get a *Forbidden* error. Should there be a
> redirection to *listinfo* ?

You can do that with, e.g.

RedirectMatch ^/mailman[/]*$   /mailman/listinfo/

Are you using a FreeBSD port? If so, See <https://wiki.list.org/x/12812344>.

> /usr/local/www/icons
>
> Apache24 has its icons in
>
> /usr/local/www/apache24/icons
>
> I'm not sure they should be kept seperate, but in any case I copied
> those from Mailman into the Apache directory, changed mm_cfg.py to
> include
>
> IMAGE_LOGOS = '/usr/local/www/apache24/icons/'
>
> but they don't show up. Any idea why?

The path beginning with a / is relative the the Apache DocumentRoot that
applies to your Mailman host. Probably just

IMAGE_LOGOS = '/icons/'

In any case if you can get an icon with

http://example.com/path/icons/mailman.jpg

Then what you want in this case is