[Mailman-Users] Setting up Mailman with Apache on FreeBSD

John Poltorak karotlopj at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 03:51:12 EDT 2016

Hi Odhiambo,

Many thanks for your help. I would never have stumbled on the configuration
you provided. I won't try to understand it just yet, I'll blindly copy and
paste until I have it working.

I can now bring up the *admin* page, as well as everything under *cgi-bin*,
but what should happen if browse

example.org/mailman/ ?  I get a *Forbidden* error. Should there be a
redirection to *listinfo* ?

As for icons, how do I get the Mailman images to show up on the page?

The installation manual:-

http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-install/node10.html

says
% cp $prefix/icons/*.{jpg,png} /path/to/apache/icons

It appears that the FreeBSD installation has copied them to

/usr/local/www/icons

Apache24 has its icons in

/usr/local/www/apache24/icons

I'm not sure they should be kept seperate, but in any case I copied
those from Mailman into the Apache directory, changed mm_cfg.py to
include

IMAGE_LOGOS = '/usr/local/www/apache24/icons/'

but they don't show up. Any idea why?