[Mailman-Users] Setting up Mailman with Apache on FreeBSD

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jun 7 16:13:18 EDT 2016

On 06/07/2016 10:21 AM, John Poltorak wrote:
> I get a *Forbidden * error after adding this line to httpd.conf
>
> ScriptAlias /mailman/      /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/

Look in the apache error log and see what it says for this error?

You will need

<Directory ">/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/"
    Require all granted

(and you may need Options +ExecCGI)

</Directory>

You may also need to enable mod_cgi if it isn't enabled in your config.
Some distros have

sudo a2enmod cgi

I don't know about FreeBSD.

If this doesn't help, post the Mailman relevant parts of your config and
the error log message.