[Mailman-Users] Setting up Mailman with Apache on FreeBSD

John Poltorak karotlopj at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 13:21:51 EDT 2016

I have read these instructions, and don't find them that straightforward -
at least there must be some thing implied.

It isn't very reassuring when it says this or that *may* be required. I
suppose the instructions are more general than specific to my environment.
I get a *Forbidden * error after adding this line to httpd.conf

ScriptAlias /mailman/      /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/

I tried both versions of setting permissions in the Directory
directive, but it didn't seem to make

any difference - I did restart Apache after each change. I'm sure it
must be straightforward, but

I haven't mastered it yet.