[Mailman-Users] delay between delivery to mailman post command and sending out to list

Nicolas mailman at webzebra.net
Thu Jul 28 13:22:38 EDT 2016

> On 27 Jul 2016, at 15:47, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
>
> On 07/26/2016 11:19 AM, Nicolas wrote:
>>

>> Would running separate, verbose instances of qrunner possibly give me any insight, and how should I go about this? Any input is appreciated.
>

> Multiple, sliced OutgoingRunner processes might help, but the real issue
> is it takes too long for Mailman to deliver to Postfix due to Postfix
> configuration. In my production installation with full VERP, Mailman
> delivers to about 20 or more recipients per second.
>
> See <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030636>, although a lot of that is
> outdated, but do note all the stuff on disable_dns_lookups.

After deleting a subscribed email address with a non-existing domain from a list without automatic bounce processing configured, for which Mailman obsessively retried delivery every minute while ignoring all the other queued posts, I see up to 50 deliveries per second.

Just to confirm (probably ad nauseam for the regulars out here) that a separate Postfix instance with dns lookups disabled (+ automatic bounce processing) is the way to go.

Thanks,

Nicolas