[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2's future (was Re: Filtering out Digest replies)

Richard Shetron guest2 at sgeinc.com
Wed Jul 13 12:49:54 EDT 2016

On 7/13/2016 12:16 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Jul 12, 2016, at 12:22 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
[snip end of life comments]

One thing that makes end of life either easier to handle or harder is:

1)  Documentation of the changes and the new system.

2)  Conversion aids.  At least a program to check a prior system and
report all the problems in converting to the new system.  Best is a
program that can do a full conversion from the old system to the new one
with the minimal operator intervention.  Yes, I've done that, I worked
for a company for 10 years and one of the standard things was converting
new customers to our system, exporting data for those going away, and
upgrading those on older versions to the newest version.

3)  Documentation.  I say this twice to emphasis it!