[Mailman-Users] Installing Mailman3 on FreeBSD

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Jan 19 00:36:00 EST 2016

Odhiambo Washington writes:

 > So I am trying that out and I get stuck once again!

 > in /opt/mailman3/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from
 > zc.buildout)

Mailman 3 runs only on Python3 as far as I know.  That's definitely
going to be true for 3.1 and later.  Since the output below refers to
Django, I guess it's Postorius or HyperKitty that is being installed
here, so 2.7 is OK.  However, you should make sure that the
appropriate interpreter and stdlib are being used.

 > You are using pip version 7.0.3, however version 7.1.2 is available.
 > You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.

Following the recommendation here might be helpfu since you
encountered a network error.

[expected output omitted]

 > While:
 >   Installing.
 >   Getting section main.
 >   Initializing section main.
 >   Getting option main:eggs.
 >   Getting section mailman-web.
 >   Initializing section mailman-web.
 >   Installing recipe djangorecipe.
 >   Getting distribution for 'djangorecipe'.

[traceback omitted]

 > error: [Errno 54] Connection reset by peer

That's a network problem of some kind.  It may be an error in the
bundler (trying to contact kgbvax or something), but more likely it's
a hiccup in the Internet, or a firewall issue.