[Mailman-Users] Installing Mailman3 on FreeBSD

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jan 18 12:22:23 EST 2016

On 01/18/2016 03:30 AM, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> My intention is to install MM3 on FreeBSD and integrate it with Exim as the
> MTA. Now, it looks like FreeBSD isn't the OS of choice for many Mailman
> developers and users. This has been my wish since the beta versions but I
> have never succeeded, either because of getting frustrated midway and
> putting the effort in abbeyance or just because there are no resources to
> help guide me.
>
> Today I googled and found http://mailman-bundler.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
>
> So I am trying that out and I get stuck once again!

There are people who've installed MM 3 on Darwin, and I think there's no
reason why it shouldn't install on FreeBSD. Exim is supported.

That said, please join mailman-developers at python.org
your specific issue there.

We are working on setting up mailman3-users at mailman3.org (running on
MM 3 of course), but there are still infrastructure issues to work out
before that list will be operational.

In the mean time the best list for Mailman 3 and particularly
HyperKitty, Postorius and MailmanBundler issues is
mailman-developers at python.org or you can try the #mailman IRC channel on
freenode.