[Mailman-Users] transport-mailman and virtual-mailman not updated with new list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 7 15:02:48 EST 2016

On 01/07/2016 08:05 AM, Eggert Ehmke wrote:

> Ok I changed /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py and removed the "lists" from the
> hostnames. It lookes like this now:
> DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'domain1.de'
> DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = 'domain1.de'
> add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
> add_virtualhost('domain2.de', 'domain2.de')

Actually, what you probably want is

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'domain1.de'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = 'lists.domain1.de'
add_virtualhost('lists.domain2.de', 'domain2.de')

Because at least in a normal Debian/Ubuntu package web URLs are
http://lists.domainx.de/... and list mailing addresses are list at domainx.de.

> Now the above command produces this list:
>     'host_name': 'domain2.de',
>     'host_name': 'lists.domain1.de',
>     'host_name': 'vxxxxxx.yourvserver.net',
>     'host_name': 'domain1.de',
>     'host_name': 'lists.domain1.de',
>
> When running genaliases again,
> data/aliases contains all lists in both domains, db is updated
> data/transport-mailman contains only one list of both domains,
> data/virtual-mailman contains only one list of both domains, db is not updated
>
> Anyway, the most importand list is now there. I run postmap on the virtual-
> mailman manually. Mailinglist still not working, that may be a postfix problem.

The changes you made to mm_cfg.py do not affect the host_name for any
existing lists. I suggest you do the following:

1) make the changes I suggest above in mm_cfg.py

2) for each list in domain1 run

bin/withlist -l -r fix_url LISTNAME

and for each list in domain2 run

bin/withlist -l -r fix_url LISTNAME -u lists.domain2.de

This will fix the list's web_page_url and host_name attributes
appropriately.

3) run bin/genaliases