[Mailman-Users] Migrating Mailman listserv from one university to another

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Feb 25 12:53:41 EST 2016

Please see <http://wiki.list.org/DOC/Mailman%20is%20not%20Listserv>

> that has been in
> operation for more than 15 years with about 25,000 members. Recently,
> we moved the mail server from university (A) to university (B). The
> move was carried out by B downloading the entire mail server files
> (17 GB) from A and installing it. It now turns out that B has no
> experience with Mailman, and it is up to me to make it work. I have
> experience only as an administrator, and not with the software
> aspect. I was able to access the administrator interface at the new
> home, but when I tried to post a message, it did not show up on the
> approval/discard page. Clearly, Mailman has not been properly set up
> at its new home.
>
> I would appreciate any help / advice on what I need to do to make it
> work.

In order to understand what's wrong, we need more info. In particular,
information from the MTA logs regarding the incoming message and its
disposition and information from Mailman's logs if the message got that far.

Also, see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/4030723>.