[Mailman-Users] Migrating Mailman listserv from one university to another

Win Aung wa20854 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 01:35:03 EST 2016

I am the administrator of a Mailman listserv that has been in operation for more than 15 years with about 25,000 members. Recently, we moved the mail server from university (A) to university (B). The move was carried out by B downloading the entire mail server files (17 GB) from A and installing it. It now turns out that B has no experience with Mailman, and it is up to me to make it work. I have experience only as an administrator, and not with the software aspect. I was able to access the administrator interface at the new home, but when I tried to post a message, it did not show up on the approval/discard page. Clearly, Mailman has not been properly set up at its new home.

I would appreciate any help / advice on what I need to do to make it work.

Thanks in advance.

---