[Mailman-Users] Mailman 3 list description - non-ASCII characters?

Igor Maly igor at mmmm.sk
Wed Feb 24 08:51:39 EST 2016

Hello all,
I've been playing with Mailman 3 and ran into this issue:

I'd like to use non-ASCII characters  in list description.
To keep it simple, let's assume I want the list description to be single
character "á" (Unicode: \u00e1, UTF-8: C3 A1).
I can enter such a description in list identity page
(http://MYHOST:8000/mailman3/lists/MYLIST/settings/list_identity, field
Description).
After hitting Save changes the description still reads "á", but reloading
the settings page yields a single question mark "?" there.
Lists overview (http://MYHOST:8000/mailman3/lists/) shows "?" too in
Description column.

Is there any configuration option to enable non-ASCII characters here, or am
I stuck?

Best regards,
Igor Maly