[Mailman-Users] Modifying Privacy.py

ListGnome ProtonMail listgnome at protonmail.ch
Tue Feb 23 18:44:34 EST 2016

Hi All,
I'm attempting to modify the subscription options in the Admin section under "Privacy options: What steps are required for subscription?".

There are currently three option and I'm trying to remove "Confirm" so that the only two options remain - "Require approval" and "Confirm and approve".

In the file "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Gui/Privacy.py" I've tried removing the lines that relate to "Confirm" - and as expected the Admin page looks okay with only the two desired options showing. However, what happens when someone subscribs is they actually get the "Confirm" process - rather than the expected "Requires approval".

Is there another file I need to be looking at also? Or am I most likely just screwing up the "Privacy.py" file?

Thanks,
Mark