[Mailman-Users] Trouble with HTML emails again

Shea Alterio Shea at forcedexposure.com
Tue Feb 16 15:24:34 EST 2016

Not sure what happened with my Mailman 3 setup. I haven't changed any settings in Mailman itself, but HTML emails suddenly don't show up properly anymore.

One of two things is happening... either the message is shown as a text/plain email with an HTML attachment included, which if you open up, is the way the HTML email should look. Or I will get an email with a bunch of strangely broken HTML, for example this snippet of HTML:

new releases are also viewable at

will be rendered as this:

new releases are also viewable at <http://www.mysite.com/New/NewIndex.html> http://www.mysite.com/new/newindx.html

whereas every day up until now, it would render properly as you would expect it to.

I am not working with multipart emails, just HTML only. On top of this, inline images which link to locations hosted on other sites are being included as attachments to the email which is incorrect and never has happened before.

To be sure I didn't mess up any list specific settings, I made a new list, left all the settings as fault, and tried in that one - same behavior. I can't seem to figure out what happened as I haven't been messing with Mailman's configuration. Where should I look to take care of this?

I apologize if this is the wrong list for the question. If it is let me know.