[Mailman-Users] Mailman is not sending/receiving email

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Aug 21 21:42:53 EDT 2016

On 08/21/2016 08:49 AM, Rod Murray wrote:

> I can get to the Admin page and everything looks fine. However mail is not
> being delivered. Sending mail to the list does not generate a bounce and
> the mail does not get into the Archive. New members can be added in the
> Admin page, but no notice goes out.

You can see <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030723>, but my best guess is some
or all of Mailman's qrunners are not running on the host server.

> What are the most likely causes and how should I proceed. Btw, Hostway has
> not been a bit of help even though they charge me $15/month to run the list!

You probably don't have enough access to the server to do anything. You
will have to get Hostway to fix this. By my calculation, you've paid
them over $1800. over the last 10+ years. That should be enough to get
some response.

If not, talk to Brian Carpenter <http://www.mailmanhost.com/> about
moving your list.