[Mailman-Users] Mailman is not sending/receiving email

Brian Carpenter brian at emwd.com
Sun Aug 21 15:17:57 EDT 2016

> Mailman experts,
>
> I have been managing a mailman list (hosted by Hostway) for over 10 years
> and have never had a problem until a few days ago.
>
> I can get to the Admin page and everything looks fine. However mail is not
> being delivered. Sending mail to the list does not generate a bounce and
> the mail does not get into the Archive. New members can be added in the
> Admin page, but no notice goes out.
>
> What are the most likely causes and how should I proceed. Btw, Hostway has
> not been a bit of help even though they charge me $15/month to run the
list!

Hi Rod:

How do you know notices to new members are not being sent out? Did you test
this yourself? The first thing I would look at is to see if the email
address you are posting from has the necessary permissions set in your list
configuration options to post to the list. Have you checked the moderator's
queue to see if posts are being caught up there?

Brian
EMWD.com
Mailman hosting for 10+ years