[Mailman-Users] Which user is harvesting sender emails?

Richard Shetron guest2 at sgeinc.com
Fri Aug 19 14:36:27 EDT 2016

There is a LOT of broken software that will refuse rfc compliant email
addresses as they do not properly follow the standards.  The + sign has
been in use and part of the rfc's for at least 30 years.  I've found
that using the underscore '_' will work when the plus '+' sign does not,
however your mileage will vary.

What is even worse, you can create a <user>+tag@<domain> but later on
the same companies software in a different part of the website will then
refuse to accept the tagged address so even an initial acceptance can
have problems elsewhere.