[Mailman-Users] Imminent release of a Mailman security fix.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Aug 19 03:09:53 EDT 2016

There is a CSRF vulnerability associated with the user options page.
This could conceivably allow an attacker to obtain a user's password.

This is reported at <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1614841>.

I have developed a fix which is a small patch to two modules. I plan to
release Mailman 2.1.23 with this and other fixes on Saturday, Aug 27 and
also to post at the same time the patch which can be applied stand-alone.

Neither the bug report nor the fix reveals much detail about the attack,
but to allay any concern, I'm delaying the release for a week to allow
people to plan for installation of at least the patch at the time of
release.