[Mailman-Users] Mailman not supported on new server

rex at rexgoode.com rex at rexgoode.com
Mon Apr 4 10:20:52 EDT 2016

My host company has upgraded me to a new server at my request. After
migrating things from my old server, I learned that they say that
mailman doesn't work on the new server. When I try to create a new list
using whatever it is they do support through the hosting company's admin
interface, it tells me my lists still exist.

I can use the mailmain admin to do administrative stuff, but if I try to
send an email to the list, I get an error like below:

                    SMTP Error (550): Failed to add recipient
"mylist at mydomain.com" (5.1.1 <mylist at mydomain.com>: Recipient address
rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table).

I wonder if there is a way to get mailman to work and show my hosting
company that it is still possible.

Rex