[Mailman-Users] Multiple "Re:" in subject

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Sep 16 05:27:45 CEST 2015

On 09/15/2015 07:17 PM, Camille Ollié wrote:

> i don't have this issue with Sympa on postfix and ezmlm on Qmail on
> other mailing lists.
>
> Here is an example : [Bar] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:
> Re: Re: Re: IMP tice
>
> Even with thunderbird i have the issue.

(Including list in reply)

Well, judging by the subject in your reply to me, your MUA does the
right thing, with Subjects that begin with Re:

But there are other issues here. The example above is from a list at a
site which has configured

OLD_STYLE_PREFIXING = No

So that Mailman puts the subject_prefix ([Bar]) at the beginning of the