[Mailman-Users] Blocking or holding subscribe requests when email address contains "+"

David Gibbs david at midrange.com
Tue Sep 15 20:57:04 CEST 2015

On 9/15/2015 1:13 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> Unfortunately, Mailman sends out the confirmation email before
>> requiring approval.  I want to stop (or hold) the subscription
>> request before the confirmation message goes out.
>>

> You want a regexp in the ban_list for each list. For the python.org
> lists we use

> I.e., + followed by anything followed by at least 3 digits followed
> by @.

THANK YOU!  This is exactly the solution I was looking for.

david

--
IBM i on Power Systems: For when you can't afford to be out of business!

I'm riding 100 miles (a full century) in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure to raise money for diabetes research, education, advocacy, and awareness.  You can make a tax deductible donation to my ride by visiting http://emailsig.diabetessucks.net.  My goal is $6000 but any amount is appreciated.

See where I get my donations from ... visit http://emailsig.diabetessucks.net/map for an interactive map (it's a geeky thing).