[Mailman-Users] Blocking or holding subscribe requests when email address contains "+"

David Gibbs david at midrange.com
Tue Sep 15 18:33:35 CEST 2015

On 9/15/2015 11:31 AM, Richard Damon wrote:
> The only thing I can think of is to require approval of all
> subscriptions (and maybe confirmation) and then build a regexp to
> auto approve all addresses without a + in them. I don't know how this
> will interact with the ban list (if you need that).

Unfortunately, Mailman sends out the confirmation email before requiring approval.  I want to stop (or hold) the subscription request before the confirmation message goes out.

Maybe I have to look into a captcha integration?

david

--
IBM i on Power Systems: For when you can't afford to be out of business!

I'm riding 100 miles (a full century) in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure to raise money for diabetes research, education, advocacy, and awareness.  You can make a tax deductible donation to my ride by visiting http://emailsig.diabetessucks.net.  My goal is $6000 but any amount is appreciated.

See where I get my donations from ... visit http://emailsig.diabetessucks.net/map for an interactive map (it's a geeky thing).