[Mailman-Users] Fwd: BCC and bounces

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Sep 9 03:09:05 CEST 2015

On 09/08/2015 02:32 PM, Peter Bossley wrote:
> But it appears as though the list posting address still winds up in the CC: field even with FP turned on. It does send a message to each recipient but I am wondering how one would go about removing the list address in the CC: field to avoid people replying all.

Mailman is not designed to hide the fact that its messages come from a
mailing list. If a list is fully personalized, the list posting address
is put in Cc: intentionally to facilitate replying to the list. This is
a design decision and can only be changed by modifying the code in
Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py.