[Mailman-Users] duplicates

Marco Stoecker marco at stoecker-family.de
Mon Oct 26 17:14:07 EDT 2015

On 10/21/2015 11:45 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 10/21/2015 02:14 PM, Marco Stoecker wrote:
>>
>> How do I identify whether the message comes from mailman or list1 or
>> list2?
>> Sorry for the questions, I'm not that experienced so far.
>

> Here are some of the headers of your message as I received it from the
> mailman-users list with my comments interspersed. How you actually see
> these headers depends on your mail client. It may be something like
> client. I have removed some headers which aren't relevant to this
> discussion.

> Above shows the envelope sender of the message which is the VERPed
> mailman-users-bounces address.

<snipped>

> Added by Mailman.
>
> If you just get the complete headers from all the duplicates of one
> message received by one user and post those, I can help interpret them.

This would be very great!
I did attach the header from a recent message I got last week. I'm a
member of a
list and the sender sent this mail to 5 mailinglists on our server. Each
member of these 5 lists got 5 messages.

But the email, which I sent last week, with the attachement never made
it to this list. How can I send the headers instead, cause this email
would be very long?

Did I understood right, all entry in /var/log/mailman/smtp file are made
by mailman and in this case it could be an indicator that mailman send
the email 5 times to each list?

And here is the corresponding entry in the /var/log/mailman/smtp file:

Oct 22 10:40:33 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
beisitz for 3 recips, completed in 21.833 seconds
Oct 22 10:41:02 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
ak-leiter for 13 recips, completed in 28.426 seconds
Oct 22 10:41:12 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
gruppensprecher for 6 recips, completed in 10.447 seconds
Oct 22 10:41:23 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
kollegium for 16 recips, completed in 11.236 seconds
Oct 22 10:41:29 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
vorstand for 3 recips, completed in 5.095 seconds
Oct 22 10:41:39 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
beisitz for 3 recips, completed in 10.615 seconds
Oct 22 10:41:50 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
kollegium for 16 recips, completed in 10.871 seconds
Oct 22 10:41:55 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
vorstand for 3 recips, completed in 4.794 seconds
Oct 22 10:42:06 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
gruppensprecher for 6 recips, completed in 10.890 seconds
Oct 22 10:42:22 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
ak-leiter for 13 recips, completed in 15.688 seconds
Oct 22 10:42:32 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
beisitz for 3 recips, completed in 10.289 seconds
Oct 22 10:42:43 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
gruppensprecher for 6 recips, completed in 10.736 seconds
Oct 22 10:42:53 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
kollegium for 16 recips, completed in 10.497 seconds
Oct 22 10:43:09 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
ak-leiter for 13 recips, completed in 16.035 seconds
Oct 22 10:43:15 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
vorstand for 3 recips, completed in 5.468 seconds
Oct 22 10:43:25 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
gruppensprecher for 6 recips, completed in 10.680 seconds
Oct 22 10:43:31 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
vorstand for 3 recips, completed in 5.253 seconds
Oct 22 10:43:46 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
ak-leiter for 13 recips, completed in 15.867 seconds
Oct 22 10:43:57 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
kollegium for 16 recips, completed in 10.956 seconds
Oct 22 10:44:09 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
beisitz for 3 recips, completed in 11.101 seconds
Oct 22 10:44:18 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
gruppensprecher for 6 recips, completed in 9.922 seconds
Oct 22 10:44:28 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
beisitz for 3 recips, completed in 9.971 seconds
Oct 22 10:44:39 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
kollegium for 16 recips, completed in 10.315 seconds
Oct 22 10:44:55 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
ak-leiter for 13 recips, completed in 16.343 seconds
Oct 22 10:45:00 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
vorstand for 3 recips, completed in 4.947 seconds

BR
Marco