[Mailman-Users] Some pages are only partially translated - most still show part of page in English

Michael Lake Mike.Lake at uts.edu.au
Wed May 27 03:33:04 CEST 2015

Hi all

I have setup Mailman via a Debian package. It's Mailman version 2.1.15
from Debian 1:2.1.15-1+deb7u1

On the listinfo page if I select from the languages only part of the
page is translated. An example below is for Spanish.

I thought it might be due to customization of the files in
mailman/lists/XXX-announce/en/ but I have removed those and restarted
mailman (to clear any caching) and still the pages are only partially
translated. I have installed a second mailman on another machine and a
clean install with no customization of templates still shows "standard
mailman text" as English.

/var/lib/mailman/messages/ shows all the .mo and .po files are present.

Of course my List Name & Description will only be in English but the
standard text should all be translated.

The options login page is fully translated. But once logged in the
mailing list membership configuration page is also only partially
translated.

Example for Spanish below.
The first line under "Subscribing to XX" is in English, then just one
paragraph translated. The "XXX-announce Subscribers" section is translated.

Subscribing to XXX-announce
---------------------------

Subscribe to XXX-announce by filling out the following form.
Se le mandará un mensaje de correo electrónico pidiendole una
confirmación, para prevenir que otras personas le suscriban sin que
usted lo sepa. Esta lista es oculta, lo que singinifica que los
suscriptores de la lista solo están disponibles para el administrador de
la lista.

Your email address:
Your name (optional):

You may enter a privacy password below. This provides only mild
security, but should prevent others from messing with your subscription.
Do not use a valuable password as it will occasionally be emailed back
to you in cleartext.

If you choose not to enter a password, one will be automatically
generated for you, and it will be sent to you once you've confirmed your
subscription. You can always request a mail-back of your password when
you edit your personal options.
Pick a password:
Reenter password to confirm:
Which language do you prefer to display your messages?

XXX-announce Subscribers
------------------------

Para anular su suscripción de XXX-announce, consiga un recordatorio de
su clave o cambie sus opciones de suscripción indique su dirección de
correo electrónico con el que está suscrito:

Mike Lake

UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F
DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or
attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the University of Technology Sydney.
Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.

Think. Green. Do.