[Mailman-Users] SMTP-AUTH and Mailman 2.1.18-1

Jon Gardner jon at brazoslink.net
Mon May 25 18:56:39 CEST 2015

I’ve been using the SMTPAUTHDirect.py handler to enable Mailman 2.1.x to use SMTP-AUTH. It’s been working great, until I upgraded my server from Mavericks (Mac OS X 10.9 + Server 3) to Yosemite (Mac OS X 10.10 + Server 4). For some reason, Server 4 isn’t permitting “plain” authentication at all. I’m still chasing that down, but in the meantime Mailman can’t send anything at all.

Is there a way to make the SMTPAUTHDirect.py handler use cram-md5 authentication instead of plain?

TIA,
Jon