[Mailman-Users] help with error on start

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 19 06:30:12 CEST 2015

On 05/18/2015 05:32 AM, Ricardo Santos wrote:
> Thanks Mark for you answer. I installed from a tutorial with this command
> (Centos 6.6)
>
>> yum --enablerepo=remi install mailman  (Ver 3:2.1.12-18.el6 )

OK, but the /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/i18n.py file in your installed
Mailman doesn't look like the one distributed by GNU Mailman nor does it
look like the one from RHEL 5 that I happen to have.

So either something went wrong with your package install, or you will
have to pursue this with Red Hat/Centos.

Or, you could try downliading i18n.py from
<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/view/head:/Mailman/i18n.py>
and replacing yours with that. That will probably get you past the
current issue, but there may be other things wrong.