[Mailman-Users] The "right" way to reply to a mailing list

Lucio Chiappetti lucio at lambrate.inaf.it
Tue Mar 24 09:51:27 CET 2015

On Mon, 23 Mar 2015, Thomas Gramstad wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Mar 2015, Lucio Chiappetti wrote:

>> Subscribing in digest mode allows me to receive one cumulative post per
>> day

which is something many people can appreciate (at least those who
subscribe to mailing list, and then complain because they are interrupted
in their work by too many new mails arriving)

>> A proper MUA shall allow to read each message in the digest as if it
>> were a single e-mail (and reply, archive, forward etc. etc.).
>
> But people don't have proper MUAs, or if they do, many don't know
> how to use them.

Well, sorry, too bad for them ! :-)

> So if you allow the digest version

Digest version is something the (knowledgeable) user enables in the
personal setting.

I may agree it would not be a good idea for the list administrator to
configure a list to send MIME digests *as default*, but it is good for
users to be able to enable them.