[Mailman-Users] The "right" way to reply to a mailing list

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Mon Mar 23 20:28:25 CET 2015

On Mon, 2015-03-23 at 12:20 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Interestingly, there is an undigestify add-on for T-bird
> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunderbird/addon/undigestify/>.
>
> It will explode a digest into individual messages in the same folder,
> but it only works with RFC 1153 digests (Mailman's plain format). It
> doesn't work with MIME format digests.

The nice thing about Evolution's capability in this regard is that it
will work with _any_ multipart/mixed or equivalent package containing
message/rfc822 parts.  I use it, as I said, for pulling valid emails out
of false-positive captures by SpamAssassin.  This is kind of the
equivalent of a browser knowing what to do with images or PDFs.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The only unchanging certainty
FMP Computer Services |    is the certainty of change"