[Mailman-Users] The "right" way to reply to a mailing list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Mar 23 20:20:45 CET 2015

On 03/23/2015 11:34 AM, Lindsay Haisley wrote:

> T-bird comes close, but no cigar.  I've tinkered with it to try to make
> it do what Thomas suggested was proper (with which I agree).  T-bird
> treats a message/rfc822 attachment as it would a text/plain attachment.
> You can do whatever you wish with the attachment _except_ pull it into a
> mail folder as a valid email.

Correct. You can't just move it to one of your existing mail folders
without machinations.

Interestingly, there is an undigestify add-on for T-bird
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunderbird/addon/undigestify/>.

It will explode a digest into individual messages in the same folder,
but it only works with RFC 1153 digests (Mailman's plain format). It
doesn't work with MIME format digests.