[Mailman-Users] The "right" way to reply to a mailing list

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Sun Mar 22 16:52:11 CET 2015

On 3/20/2015 2:48 PM, Lindsay Haisley <fmouse at fmp.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-03-20 at 14:37 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
>> No, the point is you apparently can't simply acknowledge that you
>> mis-spoke/made a mistake.
>
> Tanstaafl, it it will make you happy, I _officially_ acknowledge that I
> made a mistake/mis-spoke, and I apologize to you, and to anyone else who
> was confused or annoyed by what I said!
>
> I still think you pretty much missed my point.
>
> Can we move on now?

We could have moved on 3 posts ago had you simply said 'oops, yeah, I
misspoke, here's what I meant', instead of trying to justify it somehow.

I even included a winkie in my first comment pointing out you probably
mis-spoke - which, when combined with the rest of the content of my
posts, shows conclusively that I did indeed 'get your point'.

And now you compound the problem by making a grand-standing apology
obviously meant tongue-in-cheek, in that you don't really mean it, but
instead are trying to deflect blame for this ridiculous side-thread back
on me.