[Mailman-Users] MM doesn't really forward me the full message

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jul 18 16:18:10 CEST 2015

On 7/17/15 10:34 AM, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> Sometimes when I see a bit of held spam, I ask Mailman to forward it to me
> with the intention of pumping it into SpamBayes for training purposes.
> (This is on mail.python.org, where we are running 2.1.something.)
> Unfortunately, it doesn't properly forward the entire message to me. It's
> one of those crappy forwards like you get from Gmail, where the message
> body and three or four user-visible headers are embedded in the message:

I suspect this is gmail. The message mailman sends is a small "Forward
of moderated message" message with the original message attached as a
message/rfc822 part. I think if you use gmail's "show original" feature
to see the raw message, you will see the original message is there in
its entirety. Also, I tested this with gmail and downloading the
attached message to a file gets the original intact.