[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.18-1 not respecting add_virtualhost

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jul 3 21:02:55 CEST 2015

On 07/02/2015 03:33 PM, Chris Miller wrote:

> I renamed the directory to just "fakedomain.com" and re-ran fix_url. I
> no longer see the red error message in the web interface, however once
> logged in I continue to see @fakedomain appended in the URL when
> clicking any navigation item. While I can login again with the invalid
> URL, each navigation click continues to append @fakedomain in a
> cumulative fashion.

I do not see this in my test/development installation.

I have however made a few other changes:

- Added '@' to ACCEPTABLE_LISTNAME_CHARACTERS because of fix for
  LP: #1437145.
- Changed fix_url.py to better handle vhost lists.
- Fixed CSRFcheck.py to account for '@' to '%40' changes.
- Fixed generated public archive URL for vhost lists.

The fix_url changes make it more robust in updating lists with '@' in
the name.

In any case, I recommend getting the latest rev. 874 from
<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~msapiro/mailman/vhost/revision/874> and
upgrading to that.

As far as fix_url is concerned, there are four attributes it is
concerned with, two of which are vhost only. You can see these if you do
(for listname at emaildomain in the web domain webdomain)

bin/dumpdb lists/emaildomain/listname/config.pck

you should see

hostname = 'emaildomain'
list_address = 'listname at emaildomain'
local_part = 'listname'
web_page_url = 'http://webdomain/mailman/'

(the last assumes the default setting for DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN)

If you install rev. 874 and you still have the spurious appending of
'@emaildomain' to URLs issue, I will look further. I suspect there is
some issue with older code assuming the list name is just the short name
and appending '@emaildomain' to 'correct' the URL, but as I say, I don't
see it in my system.