[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.18-1 not respecting add_virtualhost

Chris Miller ctodd at scratchspace.com
Fri Jul 3 00:33:26 CEST 2015

On 7/1/2015 6:24 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 07/01/2015 12:07 PM, Chris Miller wrote:
>
>> We have corrected this problem by creating the subdirectories, moving
>> the lists in to the proper sub directory, and setting permissions. We
>> are still having trouble with fix_url.
>
> I'm just confirming that I've seen this and will look at it at some
> point this week, but not immediately.

Awesome. Much appreciated.

> It may be that fix_url never did the right thing, but I need to look in
> detail.
>
> I think however that you have made a mistake in that both the
> subdirectory name in the lists/ directory and the domain part of the
> listname in the fix_url command should be the email host, not the web
> host. I.e. no lists. prefix, at least with settings like
>
> add_virtualhost('lists.fakedomain.com', 'fakedomain.com')

I renamed the directory to just "fakedomain.com" and re-ran fix_url.
I no longer see the red error message in the web interface, however
once logged in I continue to see @fakedomain appended in the URL
when clicking any navigation item. While I can login again with the
invalid URL, each navigation click continues to append @fakedomain
in a cumulative fashion.

>> To clarify, mm_cfg.py does contain the correct info for the lists, this all broke during the upgrade to 2.1.18 to utilize the DMARC features.
>
> What exactly are you running? Are you running code from
> <https://code.launchpad.net/~msapiro/mailman/vhost>?

Yes. 2.1.18-1

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~msapiro/mailman/vhost/revision/868

> I wouldn't be too
> surprised if it's broken. I think the last thing I actually did to that
> branch other than untested merges of the upstream branch upon releases
> was over two years ago.

We downloaded this version last year to utilize the DMARC patches
after Yahoo changed their SPF policy and our mailman posts were
getting rejected.

--

Regards,
     Chris