[Mailman-Users] HTML footers in multipart emails

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jul 2 15:47:32 CEST 2015

On 07/02/2015 02:30 AM, Yiannis Pericleous wrote:

> It seems I need to provide a custom Decorate Handler, as I need personalization data in my footer.

No. You have a couple of choices. You can investigate using either the
"Patching Mailman to solve this problem" patches ot the "Using
mimedefang to solve this problem" method referenced in the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/4030707>

Or you can develop your own custom handler which will add your
unsubscribe footer directly to the text/plain and text/html body parts
of the message.

> What is the recommended way of doing it?, edit Decorate.py directly (I'd rather not), create a custom SMTPDirect.py that calls my CustomDecorate.py, something else?
> If I create a custom SMTPDirect, can I set the DELIVERY_MODULE per list or is it a global only option?

You don't do any of that.

You create Add_Footer.py (or whatever you want to call it), save it in
the Mailman/Handlers/ directory and add 'Add_Footer' to the pipeline
just before 'ToOutgoing' for the lists you want by following
instructions in the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/4030615>.