[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.18-1 not respecting add_virtualhost

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jul 2 03:24:21 CEST 2015

On 07/01/2015 12:07 PM, Chris Miller wrote:

> We have corrected this problem by creating the subdirectories, moving
> the lists in to the proper sub directory, and setting permissions. We
> are still having trouble with fix_url.

I'm just confirming that I've seen this and will look at it at some
point this week, but not immediately.

It may be that fix_url never did the right thing, but I need to look in
detail.

I think however that you have made a mistake in that both the
subdirectory name in the lists/ directory and the domain part of the
listname in the fix_url command should be the email host, not the web
host. I.e. no lists. prefix, at least with settings like

add_virtualhost('lists.fakedomain.com', 'fakedomain.com')

> To clarify, mm_cfg.py does contain the correct info for the lists, this all broke during the upgrade to 2.1.18 to utilize the DMARC features.

What exactly are you running? Are you running code from
<https://code.launchpad.net/~msapiro/mailman/vhost>? I wouldn't be too
surprised if it's broken. I think the last thing I actually did to that
branch other than untested merges of the upstream branch upon releases
was over two years ago.

I will look into it.