[Mailman-Users] Archiving problems

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jan 27 04:32:29 CET 2015

On 01/26/2015 06:08 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> You weren't supposed to remove/move archives/private, just the
> subordinate listname directories.

And once again, I misspoke (mistyped). I again meant the subordinate
listname directories under archives/public, not archives/private.

Mailman expects archives/public to exist, but the subordinates which are
supposed to be symlinks into archives/private are checked and
added/removed if necessary each time the list object is saved because
the list's archive_private setting might have changed necessitating the
addition or removal of symlinks.