[Mailman-Users] Help Request Returning Nothing

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jan 26 02:50:27 CET 2015

On 01/25/2015 05:17 PM, Dennis Putnam wrote:
> On 1/25/2015 7:39 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>
>> See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/KYCB> (these RHEL/CentOS changes
>> are now over 10 years old).
> Not to be contrary but that was not the case with CentOS 6.  This change
> was introduced by CentOS 7 regardless of what that wiki page says.
> CentOS 7 is less than a year old.

The change was introduced by Red Hat in RHEL 2.1.5-21. The original
author of that FAQ article was John Dennis of Red Hat.

I don't know about CentOS as even though my production server runs
CentOS 5 (hey, it hasn't even been rebooted in over 5 years), I've never
installed or even seen the CentOS Mailman package.

Are you sure you had the CentOS package and not a source or other
install under CentOS 6?

Anyway, this is all a diversion from your actual issue.

If you send me, off list, forwarded as attachment, the help response you
receive from Mailman, I'll see if I can find anything further from that.