[Mailman-Users] Archiving problems

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jan 26 01:11:41 CET 2015

On 01/25/2015 03:45 PM, Bill Christensen wrote:

> I was able to bring most of the archives up to date manually, but one
> fairly active one with public archives is still only showing through
> October 2014.   When I run that manually it shows that it's processing
> posts beyond the last one seen in the web-visible archives and updates
> the index for 1st quarter 2015, but still no visibility and the files in
> archive/public aren't updated.  The files in archive/private *are*
> updated...
>
> How do I make the public archives reflect what's in private?

At some point you moved or copied the archives and instead of copying
the symlinks in archives/public as symlinks, you copied the target data
which is never updated.

The ONLY thing that ever should be in archives/public/ is symlinks to
the corresponding items in archives/private/.

The solution is simple:

rm -r archives/private/*

Mailman will automatically recreate the necessary archives/public/
symlinks for each publicly archived list the next time it does anything
to the list.