[Mailman-Users] Unknown Virtual Host question

Steve Matzura sm at noisynotes.com
Mon Jan 19 17:18:28 CET 2015

I'm setting up a new Mailman implementation on a new machine that's a
virtual copy of a running production machine. I'm expecting problems
because I'm trying to use the same domain name in two places, and I
absolutely understand that's not going to work, but the bottom line
is, the faster I get the new machine up and functional, the faster the
old one will just go away and not bother me any more (LOL). So, on the
new machine, I'm trying to create email lists via the Web interface at
my new machine's IP address. When I log in with the Mailman
administrator account and password and attempt to create a new list, I
get the message "unknown virtual host at x.x.x.x" where 'x.x.x.x' is
the IP address of the new machine. Is this caused by the fact that my
A-record points to the old machine, or because my new machine is
trying to validate against the old one somehow? If I were to stop
Mailman on the old system temporarily and swing my A-record over to
the new machine, would this solve the problem long enough for me to
get lists created? If so, then I might as well just do the deed for
real, and get the old machine out of the equation completely. What's
best to do here?