[Mailman-Users] Migration Problem

Dennis Putnam dap1 at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 9 00:23:58 CET 2015

On 1/7/2015 10:18 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 01/07/2015 06:44 PM, Dennis Putnam wrote:
>> I am trying to migrate mailman from CentOS 6 (32 bit) to CentOS 7 (64
>> bit) and have run into a problem. I am having problems with the web
>> pages. They all get a permissions denied error and the log shows:
>>
>> [Wed Jan 07 21:37:50.331181 2015] [authz_core:error] [pid 5012] [client
>> ::1:60272] AH01630: client denied by server configuration:
>> /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo
>
> And CentOS 7 has Apache 2.4?
Yes. 2.4.6-17 to be precise.

>> Here is my mailman.conf file:
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> # Directives for the mailman web interface
>>
>> Alias /pipermail/ "/var/lib/mailman/archives/public/"
>> ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/"
>>
>> # For the archives
>>
>> <Directory "/var/lib/mailman/archives/public">
>>         Options +FollowSymLinks
>>         Require all granted
>> </Directory>
>
> You probably also need
>
> <Directory "/usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/">
>         Options ExecCGI
>         Require all granted
> </Directory>
>

> See <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node10.html>.

Thanks for the reply. Yep, that was it. Odd that the install package
included the directive for the archives but not the scripts. However,
the only step I did not do yet is the URL change (I am testing a
kickstart file) so my last problem may be due to that but I am thinking
not. When I access the listinfo, no lists are published but I can see
them in /var/lib/mailman/lists. Also the admin pages are not password
projected. So either I did not copy something from the old server
(CentOS 6 (32 bit)) or whatever I did copy from 2.1.12 (32 bit) is not
compatible with 2.1.15 (64 bit). There is probably a 'withlist' command
that fixes all this but that command cannot be run in the kickstart file
so I'd rather copy the appropriate files from the old server if
possible. Is there something other than /var/lib/mailman that I should
have copied? Perhaps something in /usr/lib/mailman.

P.S. I still have to figure out how to migrate my custom changes which
are in /usr/lib/mailman.