[Mailman-Users] Impossible to remove mailing lists with ./rmlist

Luca Mazzaferro luca.mazzaferro at rzg.mpg.de
Mon Feb 16 12:14:51 CET 2015

Hi Mark,
I found the problem.
After the installation, I configured the file:

/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py

To store the data, lists and archives in external filesystem (now they
are commented because I solved in another way)
#DATA_DIR = '/data/mailman/data'
#PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_FILE_DIR = '/data/mailman/archives/public'
#PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_FILE_DIR = '/data/mailman/archives/private'
#LIST_DATA_DIR = '/data/mailman/lists'

It seems that this configuration is completely ignored.

Anyway I solved restoring the default configuration, coping the
/var/lib/mailman content
into /data/mailman and linking the /var/lib/mailman to /data/mailman.

In this way everything works, but the question remain:
is it normal that the mm_cfg.py is ignored?
Do I configured it in a bad way?

Thank you.
Bests,

     Luca M.