[Mailman-Users] Impossible to remove mailing lists with ./rmlist

Luca Mazzaferro luca.mazzaferro at rzg.mpg.de
Fri Feb 13 10:11:48 CET 2015

Dear All,
I'm in trouble with the command
./rmlist

I created some test mailing lists and now I would like to remove them.

If I do:

/usr/lib/mailman/bin> ./list_lists
9 matching mailing lists found:
        Mailman - The site list
       Testlist - [no description available]
     Testlist10 - [no description available]
     Testlist11 - [no description available]
      Testlist2 - [no description available]
      Testlist3 - [no description available]
      Testlist4 - [no description available]
      Testlist5 - [no description available]
      Testlist7 - [no description available]

so now I would remove Testlist10 for example:

/usr/lib/mailman/bin> ./rmlist Testlist10
Not removing archives.  Reinvoke with -a to remove them.
testlist10 list info not found as /var/lib/mailman/lists/testlist10

/usr/lib/mailman/bin> ./rmlist testlist10
Not removing archives.  Reinvoke with -a to remove them.
testlist10 list info not found as /var/lib/mailman/lists/testlist10

So it is not removed.
More over:

/usr/lib/mailman/bin> ls -ls /var/lib/mailman/lists/
total 4
4 drwxrwsr-x 2 root mailman 4096 Jan 22 15:25 mailman

But the web interface still show that list and allow me to manage that.

I'm forgetting some action to do before remove it?
Thank you to anyone can help me.
Cheers.

     Luca