[Mailman-Users] Mailman on Google App

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Feb 6 21:39:37 CET 2015

On 02/06/2015 08:27 AM, cha charle wrote:

> Now, my domain is example.com <http://example.com>( for mails and
> Maillman), and will create a subdomain list.example.com
> <http://list.example.com>, just for mailman; and the example.com
> <http://example.com> will move to Google app. Once the process is done,
> what do I need to do in Mailman to change all my current lists to the
> new subdomain, list.example.com <http://list.example.com> though? Once
> again, thanks for your help.

At a minimum, you need an A record in DNS for lists.example.com with the
server's IP address.

In Mailman, it depends what you have in mm_cfg.py currently. If you have
something like

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'example.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'example.com'

you want to change the first two lines to

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'list.example.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'list.example.com'

If you have nothing in mm_cfg.py, add

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'list.example.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'list.example.com'

You can also add

VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()

ahead of any add_virtualhost line(s) to remove whatever was put there by
Defaults.py.

Then you need to run fix_url to fix your lists. See the FAQs at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/4030592> and <http://wiki.list.org/x/4030616>.