[Mailman-Users] strange interaction between mailman and google docs

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Dec 1 12:07:01 EST 2015

On 11/30/2015 02:48 PM, Ottoson Webmaster wrote:

> Within google docs I use the feature "Email as attachment" to send to the
> list.
> The mailman list has about 1000 addresses some of which are gmail addresses
> and some are not (yahoo, hotmail, etc.)
>
> Well, the email from google docs is *only* received by the gmail addresses
> in the mailing list but *not* by any of the other addresses.

Is the mailman list on a server you have access to? If so, what is in
the MTA logs on that server for one of these messages? What is in
Mailman's bounce log?

> If I send the email with the attachment from google docs to a *single*
> non-google email, then I see no problems.
> If I send the email with the attachment from gmail  (outside of google
> docs) to the entire list I see no problems.
>
> The problem is only *from google docs to non-google email in mailman list*

It is difficult to even guess what might be happening without more
information. Someone needs to look at logs on the Mailman server to see
what is happening to the message to non-gmail recipients. I'm certain
Mailman is sending it so what is the outgoing MTA doing with it. Is it
being delivered to the MX servers for the non-gmail recipients?