[Mailman-Users] List messages showing as attachments

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Dec 1 11:56:42 EST 2015

On 11/30/2015 02:21 PM, Lindsay Graham wrote:

> The TSS list is new and, as a member of TSS (The Surname Society), I was
> subscribed automatically to Digest mode, but very soon switched to
> Individual mode.  All email messages that come from the list (both
> Digest and Individual) are blank except for the list footer and the real
> message is an attachment to that blank message.  I always have to open
> that attachment to read the message but to reply, I have to reply to the
> blank message.  It's my impression that very few other TSS list
> subscribers receive their messages in this way, and I've not so far been
> able to get any explanation form the TSS webmaster.

This is discussed in the FAQ article at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/4030707>. That article is directed more at the
list admin than at the list members, but it explains what is happening.

As a list member recipient, your choices are:

1) Use an MUA (mail reader) that does a better job of rendering this
multipart message format.

2) Urge all the other list members to post plain text only.

3) Convince the list admins to apply one of the configuration options
discussed in the FAQ.