[Mailman-Users] How to discard messages from just a few list members?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Aug 24 17:08:46 CEST 2015

On 08/24/2015 12:23 AM, Ulf Dunkel wrote:

> I now have set these settings:
>
> Privacy Options > Subscription rules > Sender filters:
> - default_member_moderation: Yes (was already set)
> - member_moderation_action: Discard (was: Hold)
> - member_moderation_notice:
> "Sorry. This is a moderated mailing list. You don't have write access here."
> (without quotation marks)

The above is only used if member_moderation_action is Reject.

> Privacy Options > Subscription rules > Spam filters:
> - header_filter_rules:
> Spam Filter Regexp:
> "From: Ulf Dunkel <dunkel at calamus.net>" (without quotation marks) *)
> Action: Hold
>
> *) I firstly had to check which exact header phrase was used from my
> email client.

For the regexp, I would use

^From:.*dunkel at calamus.net

The ^ ensures that you will match an actual From: header and not just
'from:' anywhere in the headers, and then just look for your email
address anywhere in that line. That way, it is not sensitive to how your
MUA formats it. Also, since the action is Hold and you want to discard
the rest, a false positive is not a problem as you can just discard the
held message.